Contact Us Today
"*" indicates required fields
Common Reasons for Extracting the Teeth
Extracting a tooth is typically reserved as a last measure for teeth that can’t be otherwise treated. Some of the reasons we may recommend a tooth extraction include:
- Infected teeth that won’t respond to root canal therapy.
- Damaged, cracked, or broken teeth.
- Teeth that are impeding the alignment or development of the other teeth (such as the wisdom teeth).
- Teeth with advanced tooth decay that can’t be treated with fillings or other restorations.
- Teeth that need to be removed in order for orthodontic treatment to be effective.
Why do my Wisdom Teeth need to be removed?
Impacted wisdom teeth can cause a lot of problems if not removed in a timely manner. These include:
- Infection, damage to neighbouring teeth, decay, gum disease, bone loss, tooth loss, cysts, tumours, jaw fracture
No symptoms does not mean disease free!
- Pain only developed once the problems are serious and may not be easily
- 25% of people without pain already have inflammation and gum disease around their wisdom teeth
When was your last visit?